Friday, August 25, 2006

Dimensions Beyond Time and Space


Just kidding, it's actually only "Dimensions Beyond Tic Tac Toe".

The Game of Trinary
by Skor-Mor, 1976.

Essentially the game boils down to tic tac toe in 3 "dimensions". Two players take turns placing their pieces until all the spots are taken. The player with the most rows wins. Rows can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal, and in one plane or three. The playing instructions include descriptions of a number of game variations.

I was a bit disappointed when I opened the box and found that the playing pieces, while gloriously pictured on the cover as some kind of shiny silver and gold material, were in fact merely black and white plastic.

I've seen the same game before, but with wooden playing boards and a center support column (as opposed to the curved plastic side support). Actually, I'm pretty sure I have that one somewhere ...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home